Official Website of the Deaf-Blind Multihandicapped Association of Texas - DBMAT
"There are people that come into your life for special reasons. Sometimes, we don‘t understand why right away, but I have learned to accept that they are here not to change who you are, but to enhance your life and to teach you."
--Melanie Knapp (excerpted from "Christian & His Intervener")
The mission of DBMAT is to promote and improve the quality of life for all Texans who are deaf-blind multi-handicapped, deaf multi-handicapped, and blind multi-handicapped. Please explore this site and learn what we do, why we do it, and how you can get involved!
Here is the most recent and most important news for DBMAT :
- Get Blindness Summit Handouts:
- The 2012 DBMAT Annual Conference was held on October 12-14, 2012.
- The 4th Christian Knapp Memorial Golf Tournament was held November 2, 2012.
- Our 2011 Annual Conference Registration will go down in the history books. This very worldly conference features Dr. Jan van Dijk from the Netherlands for a triumphant return engagement and Cheryl Ramey from the world-famous Canada Intervener progam. Click here to see pictures from the last 3 conferences.
- Poster for 2010 Deafblind Awareness Month in Texas
- Our friends at Goodshop have improved their search experience and they challenge you to compare them to your current search engine. Do your holiday shopping with Goodshop and DBMAT shares in the spirit of the season. Click here to start searching with Goodshop and earn a penny per search for DBMAT.
- Click here to learn other ways to donate to DBMAT. tarn other ways to DBMAT.
The picture at the top of this page shows many of the attendees of the 2007 DBMAT 35th Annual Conference (held at Camp John Marc in October, 2007).